Terms & Conditions: Key Points
- Payment is required in advance of occupation. For a stay of less than 28 nights, full payment will be taken; for a stay of 28 nights or over, we invoice at 28 day intervals.
- Extensions to any bookings can be made at any time, subject to availability, there are no extra administration charges but payment must immediately be made in full for any alterations.
- Cancellations must be confirmed in writing or by email and it is the booker’s responsibility to check that the email has been received by us.
- Charges for cancellation or the shortening of a booking are set out below: If notice is received more than 7 days prior to check-in date there is no charge. If notice is received less than 7 days prior to the check-in date OR after check-in there can be NO REFUND.
- The number of persons permitted to occupy the apartment is limited to the number of beds available; however fold out beds can be requested at a small extra charge subject to availability. Any person under 25 must be accompanied by a responsible adult, i.e. parent or guardian.
- Check-in is available from 3pm; the collection point for keys, fobs and parking permits is indicated on your check-in information sheet.
- Check-out is before 10am on the day of departure; the keys, fobs and parking permits must be returned to the collection point before 10am. A full day’s rental will be charged for late check-out and the failure to return all items provided will incur relevant costs.
- The apartment and apartments contents are the responsibility of the occupier, the apartment should be left in a reasonable, clean and tidy state or there will be additional charges on departure at a minimum of £50. Any damage should be reported immediately and the cost of repair or replacement must be paid by the occupier.
- PLEASE NOTE if your stay has been booked without the weekly housekeeping clean, at the end of the stay the apartment must be returned in the same condition as at the beginning of the occupancy - a really clean and tidy condition. Failure to do so will result in an immediate charge of £100 plus - according to the nature of the deep clean required.
- Apartments cannot under any circumstances be used for partying or playing loud music. Music cannot be played between 11PM and 11AM.
- Smoking is not permitted in the apartments, nor on the balconies or in the internal communal areas of the apartment blocks at any time.
- No pets of any kind are permitted in our Vizion and Hub sites. Small pets only may be permitted in our town houses and you must have the authorisation of the ShortstayMK reservations team prior to your arrival. A minimum deposit of £200 will be required.
- ShortstayMK Serviced Apartments has the right to terminate a booking at any time as a result of breaching any of the terms and conditions set out in this document, abusing staff or other guests, mistreatment of the apartment or any criminal activity.
- All bookings are subject to these terms and conditions; these are deemed to have been accepted in full by the occupier and all persons in the party. Payment of deposit or apartment fee also indicates full acceptance.
All of our accommodation is provided with an Apartment Folder which provides you with information relating to your apartment and the surrounding area.
- Parking - please ensure you display your car parking permit on your dashboard at all times. It is the guest responsibility to park in the correct bay and display the permit provided. SSMK will not be liable for any parking fines incurred during your stay. Your bay number and permit will be detailed and enclosed in your Welcome Envelope and should you have any queries you must speak to the office within 24 hours.
Full Terms & Conditions
1. Booking & Payment Procedure
All payments are due in advance of occupation. Credit card details will need to be kept in the office to cover any damages or telephone costs. We always notify you before using the card. Bookings will be confirmed on receipt of payment. Upon receipt of the appropriate payment we will send you written confirmation of your booking by email only, detailing the total cost of your stay, the amount paid and where necessary, how much remains to be paid. You may extend your stay at any time, subject to availability. No extra fees are charged for late bookings, but payment must be made in full. All prices quoted are in UK Pounds Sterling and are correct at the time of publication. Payment must be made to us in UK Sterling in the following forms: cash, direct bank transfer, credit and debit cards.
2. Cancellation Policy
Cancellations must be confirmed in writing or by email and will be valid once received by us during office opening hours (weekdays: 9AM-5PM). It is the booker’s responsibility to check that the notice has been received by us.
Charges for cancellation or the shortening of a booking are set out below:
If notice is received more than 7 days prior to your check-in date there is only a 25% CHARGE (non-refundable deposit).
If notice is received less than 7 days prior to your check-in date OR after you have checked-in there can be NO REFUND.
If no notice is received and you do not arrive there will be NO REFUND.
These cancellation charges are based upon the full cost of all services at the time of the payment of deposit. However, if you have not paid your total cost by the time of your cancellation, you may be required to make a further payment up to the full amount of your original booking. Including any extra items requested.
Bookings for properties such as our apartments are almost invariably made well in advance and for relatively lengthy stays in comparison with hotels or other travel accommodation. Thus, it is very difficult to re-let an apartment at short notice after a booking has been cancelled. Therefore, all bookings are subject to the non-refundable deposit equating to 25% of the total cost of the booking.
Depending on the reasons for your cancellation, you may be able to reclaim cancellation charges from your insurance company if you have taken out travel insurance. We strongly recommend that clients purchase adequate travel insurance. Regrettably, for the reasons given above, we have to treat any curtailment of your stay as a cancellation.
- 1. If Shortstaymk Serviced Apartments cancels your booking
In the unlikely event of your booking having to be changed or cancelled, we will contact you (by telephone where reasonably possible in the case of a significant change or cancellation) as soon as is reasonably practical, to explain what has happened and inform you of the cancellation or change.
If a significant change has to be made (and the change is not acceptable to you) or your booking has to be cancelled, we will, if possible and as soon as reasonably practical, offer you an alternative apartment of similar type and standard in a similar location for the same dates. In such circumstances, the advertised cost of the Shortstaymk Apartments will be payable. Obviously, if the alternative apartment is advertised at a lower price, you will receive a refund (if you have already paid the balance of your total cost) of the price difference.
If you do not wish to accept a significant change or any alternative apartment offered or we cannot offer you a suitable alternative apartment, you will receive a full refund of all monies paid to us.
You should inform us as soon as reasonably possible whether you wish to accept any change or alternative apartment offered, or alternatively whether you want a refund. In the unlikely event that you fail to tell us that you wish to accept any change or alternative apartment we are entitled to assume you wish to cancel your booking and receive a full refund of all monies paid to us.
- 2. If you alter your booking
If you wish to alter your booking (e.g. change the dates of your stay or the accommodation requested), we will use all our reasonable efforts to comply with your request, however you will be obliged to pay for any additional expenses that are incurred as a result. If you decide to change your stay in any way once it has commenced (e.g. change accommodation or the duration of your stay), we accept no liability for any loss, damage or additional expense and we cannot guarantee a refund of any costs already paid by you.
- 3. If we cancel your booking
In exceptional circumstances we may find it necessary to cancel your booking and if so, we shall make all reasonable efforts to offer a suitable alternative. If this is not acceptable, and subject always to the next clause, we will refund your deposit and any other sum you have paid to us which shall constitute full settlement.
- 4. If we alter your booking
If it is necessary to alter the confirmed itinerary before departure, we will use all reasonable efforts to notify you as soon as possible. If these alterations are unacceptable you may cancel that part of your booking that relates to the alteration and receive a full refund for that part of the booking, which shall constitute a full settlement.
3. Facilities & Services
A full inventory of furniture, equipment and utensils can be provided upon request. Please note; no items must be removed from the apartment during your stay.
- 1. Cleaning
The weekly rental includes a weekly maid service, including a basic clean and bed linen and towels change.
- 2. Utilities
Unless otherwise specified, the prices quoted for all serviced apartments include heating, electricity, gas, water, internet services and television. The only additional costs are for the use of the telephone where guests are responsible for all charges incurred.
- 3. Storage & Post
We cannot offer any storage facilities for luggage or personal belongings. This includes any post or packages; under no circumstances can we accept any of these items. The use of apartment post boxes is not available to occupiers, no keys will be provided and no mail will be forwarded on.
- 4. Interruption to Services
We endeavor to ensure that all guests have a hassle free stay. However, we cannot guarantee or be held responsible for the failure or interruption of services to the apartment or building that are outside of our control, this includes the electricity, water, heating, television, internet, telephone and also any disruption or noise as a result of repair works being carried out in the vicinity. These services are inclusive of your booking and thus any issues do not qualify for any form of refund. However, when we are notified of any interruptions we will endeavour to rectify any services as soon as possible.
4. Number of Occupants
The number of persons permitted to occupy the apartment at any one time is limited to the number of beds available and the number agreed on your booking form. Fold out beds are available at request for a small extra charge, subject to availability. Under no circumstances may more than the maximum number of persons specified in the apartment description occupy the apartment except by prior written agreement.
The apartment cannot be re-let/sublet to any other group/party without the written approval of Shortstaymk Serviced Apartments. Shortstaymk Serviced Apartments, reserve the right to refuse admittance to the apartment to the occupier and their party if they are in breach of this condition.
Regrettably no pets of any kind are permitted under any circumstances. The guest is liable for any infringement of this rule by any of the guest's occupants.
6. Check-in, Check-out & Keys
The rules for check-in and check-out are set by Shortstaymk Serviced Apartments. All apartments are usually available for occupation after 3:00pm on the day of arrival, when your keys will be available to collect from the key collection point indicated on your check in information sheet. All apartments must be vacated by 10:00am on the day of departure, keys & parking permits/electronic fobs provided must be returned by 10:00am on that day.
If there is any delay in vacating the apartment beyond the agreed time, a full day's rental, is charged to the client.
Keys must be returned to the key collection point as advised on your check in information sheet. Failure to return keys and loss of keys will incur a £100 charge per electronic fob (parking and building entrances) to cover the cost of replacement of keys and electronic fobs for building and car park entrances. Failure to return parking permit to collection point will incur a £50 charge.
7. Damage & Cleanliness
The occupier is responsible for taking all reasonable care of the property and its contents. The property and all equipment, utensils, furniture etc. must be kept clean and tidy during the hire period and left in the same condition as on arrival
Except in the case of normal wear and tear the occupier will be responsible for making good any damage to the apartment or its contents which has occurred due to negligence, willful damage or irresponsible behavior on the part of those occupying the apartment or their guests. Such damage must be reported, without delay, to our office. The cost of the repair or replacement must be agreed with and paid to Shortstaymk Serviced Apartments.
The occupier responsible for booking undertakes that no person will suffer anything to be done which would endanger the policy of our insurers in respect of the apartment and its contents which might make the same void or voidable.
At the end of your stay, apartments must be left clean and tidy with all personal belongings, food and rubbish removed. If an extra deep clean is required during or at the end of your stay an additional fee will be charged at a minimum of £50.00 to cover loss of revenue, cleaning and repairs.
Smoking is not permitted in the apartments or in the internal communal areas of the apartment blocks. Smoking is only permitted on external balconies, when present at an apartment. A surcharge of £150 will be made if evidence of smoking is discovered in the apartment.
9. Illegal Drugs
The consumption or possession of illegal drugs is strictly prohibited and incidents will immediately be passed on to the police to deal with accordingly.
We use all reasonable efforts to try to ensure that the accommodation offered by us is properly arranged and that the suppliers of the apartments maintain reasonable standards. We accept responsibility to take reasonable care in the organizational aspects of the stay but we are not liable and cannot be held responsible for actions of other property dwellers or owners, providers of transport or any other suppliers involved in your stay.
We cannot be held responsible for the loss or damage to any fixtures & fittings, goods or personal belongings at the accommodation. We are specifically not liable for events outside our reasonable control or if there has been no default or neglect by us and in no event shall we be liable for any special, indirect or consequential loss, including loss of profit. This limitation does not apply to fatal or other personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our employees. We strongly recommend that all clients obtain appropriate travel and personal insurance cover.
11. Injury or Loss
Shortstaymk Serviced Apartments cannot be held responsible for any personal injury, loss or damage to personal effects howsoever arising at the accommodation.
Neither we, nor our representatives, can be held responsible for any circumstances beyond our control including, but not limited to, mechanical breakdown, illness or failure of any public service supply.
12. Force Majeure
We regret that we cannot accept liability for any loss, damage or additional expense where the booking needs to be altered or cancelled or we are unable to perform our contractual obligations as a result of events of ‘force majeure’. In these Booking Conditions ‘force majeure’ means any event which could not have been reasonably foreseen, or the consequences could not have been reasonably avoided, by us or the suppliers of the relevant services in question, even with the exercise of all due care. Such events may include war or threat of war, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or man-made disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions and all similar events outside our or the relevant suppliers’ control.
13. Rights of Access
Representatives of Shortstaymk Serviced Apartments or their subcontractors have the right of access to the property at any time, with due regard to the convenience of the occupier, for the purpose of inspection of the property and to carry out any essential repair or maintenance work.
We do not expect and certainly do not want dissatisfied customers but in the event that you are not entirely satisfied with the service offered, you should notify any complaint to our office as soon as possible to Shortstaymk Serviced Apartments email email@example.com . Shortstaymk Serviced Apartments will take all reasonable steps to resolve the problem. Shortstaymk Serviced Apartments shall not have any liability for any complaint submitted after the completion of the rental period.
15. Usage & Nuisance Behavior
The apartments cannot under any circumstances be used for partying, playing loud music or general nuisance behavior. Guests must have regard for other occupants in the building. Loud music cannot be played after 11pm and before 11am. Shortstaymk Serviced Apartments management reserve the right to terminate your stay and contract if they deem such behavior has occurred. In the event of such a breach the FULL security deposit will be retained by Shortstaymk Serviced Apartments. No refund will be made if such behavior is deemed to have occurred.
16. Termination by Shortstaymk Serviced Apartments
Shortstaymk Serviced Apartments has the right to terminate a booking at any time on the grounds of abuse to staff or other guests, mistreatment of the apartment or criminal activity on the part of those occupying the apartment or their guests. In such circumstances, Shortstaymk Serviced Apartments is not obliged to provide or locate alternative accommodation. The period of notice and the proportion of refund are at the discretion of Shortstaymk Serviced Apartments.
Interest on overdue invoices shall accrue from the date when payment becomes due, from day to day, until the date of payment, at a rate of 4% above Lloyds TSB Bank PLC’s base rate in force at the time and shall accrue at such a rate after, as well as before any judgment.
All information supplied by Shortstaymk Serviced Apartments, is given in good faith and is based on information available at the time. All reasonable measures have been taken to ensure the accuracy of any statement made either in writing or otherwise but Shortstaymk Serviced Apartments is not liable for any variation however caused.
19. Security of Tenure
As the apartments are used as serviced holiday accommodation they are exempt from security of tenure under the Rent Act. Shortstaymk Serviced Apartments reserve the right to access the apartment at any time without prior notice if it deems necessary.
20. Law & Jurisdiction
These conditions and terms of contract and all matters arising therefrom are subject to the law of England and Wales and in the event of dispute the client will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
21. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions / Contract of Hire
All bookings are subject to these terms and conditions that are deemed to have been accepted in full by the occupier and all persons in the party.