Why you'll like Milton Keynes
As we've suggested elsewhere, there's a lot more to Milton Keynes than concrete cows and roundabouts!
To begin with, all of our ShortStay-MK serviced apartments in Milton Keynes are within walking distance or a short car, bus or taxi ride of ...
- The business, commerce and municipal districts of Milton Keynes
- The Centre:MK, one of Europe's largest indoor shopping mall complexes
- The main line train station (Euston 30 minutes, Birmingham & airport approximately 50 minutes)
- The renowned Theatre District, Xscape, the Snozone, the Hub and numerous other leisure activities
And farther afield?
- The M1 motorway (5 minutes)
- The A5 main highway (5 minutes)
- The M40 motorway (30 minutes)
- London Luton Airport (25 minutes)
- London Stansted Airport (90 minutes)
- London Gatwick Airport (120 minutes)
- London Heathrow Airport (50 minutes)
- Birmingham International Airport (60 minutes)
Restaurants and bars right on your doorstep
All of our self-catering apartments are literally within a stone's throw of the most popular restaurants and bars in town. Your apartment rental will either be in The Hub or Vizion - perfect for anything from a quiet drink after work to a glamorous dinner for a large group - or in the Theatre District, with a huge range of culinary and recreational amenities on the doorstep.
At The Hub you'll enjoy:
- Aqua - fairly sophisticated Italian cuisine.
- Banana Tree - IndoChinese cocktails and food
- Be At One - elaborate cocktails
- Bogota Coffeehouse - plus tea, other drinks and snacks
- Browns Bar and Brasserie - cocktails and international menu
- Cafe Rouge - one of two in Milton Keynes, classic French cuisine
- Gourmet Burger Kitchen - imaginative burgers, originated in New Zealand
- Las Iguanas - fusion of Iberia, African and South American delicacies
- Loch Fine - fish and seafood specialities
- Missoula Montana Bar & Grill - American menu
- Nandos - popular chain offering peri-peri chicken dishes
- Strada - Italian food and wine
- Subway - popular takeaway chain
- Turtle Bay - Jamaican cuisine, Caribbean cocktails
- Zizzi - Italian food and wine
Other amenities at The Hub
Bearing in mind that just a few minutes' walk from your apartment rental you'll find a multitude of shops, gyms, hair and beauty salons, cinemas and everything else you would expect from a modern, compactly-designed city, here are some of the other amenities that are literally on your doorstep:
- Dance Box Studios - dance studio and fitness facility
- Headonist Hair & Beauty - unisex hair and beauty studio
- Sweat Studios - non-nonsense yoga.
- Sainsbury's - large supermarket with underground car parking
The Theatre District in Milton Keynes
If you can tear yourself away from your free Sky Movies or Sky Sport on your serviced apartment's large flat screen TV, you might like to check out the local scene in Milton Keynes' Theatre District.
Here, the 1,400 seat main theatre is very firmly on the London West End map and gets touring productions of popular opera, ballet, musicals, comedies, plays, pantomimes, you name it.
If you like art, you'll find the Milton Keynes Gallery next door to the theatre.
And if you find yourself building up a thirst or hunger while you're in the Theatre District, there is a great range of bars, restaurants and night clubs to choose from, all within metres of each other. Here are just a few ...
- Bella Italia - bar, cafe, restaurant
- Lloyds Bar - bar and restaurant, very popular night spot
- Red Hot World Buffet - eat your way around the world under one roof
- The Slug and Lettuce - traditional beers combined with good food
- Taipan - one of the most popular Chinese restaurants in Milton Keynes
- TGI Friday's - great American food and tasty cocktails
- MK Social - lively restaurant and bar with live entertainment (evenings)
- Zizzi - large, popular Italian restaurant
- SLVR (Silver) - trendy bar and nightclub
There is also a Post Office in the Theatre District
Want to eat in and enjoy the excellent kitchen in your self-catering apartment?
No problem! If you want to buy groceries and frozen foods to stock up the large freezer section of your fridge in your apartment rental, you are spoiled for choice.
If your apartment is in the Theatre District, just drop into the Iceland store a couple of minutes’ walk away. Or check out some of the small convenience stores just north-west of The Centre:MK.
If your apartment is at Vizion, South Row or the Hub, there is a large Sainsbury’s supermarket within a stone’s throw of all the local ShortStay-MK apartment complexes. (And it’s only a brisk walk or a short car or bus ride from the Theatre District.)
Xscape – and the Snozone
A 15 minute walk or short bus or car journey from your serviced apartment at The Hub – or just a couple of minutes on foot from your apartment rental in the Theatre District – and you get to our very own Xscape complex offering an exciting range of recreational ideas … a more exotic choice than in most UK towns and cities.
For example, you can …
- Ski, board or toboggan on real snow year round at the Snozone, one of the longest real-snow indoor ski slopes in Europe
- Try your hand at bowling at the Hollywood Bowl
- Go rock climbing at Vertical Chill
- Let yourself go with indoor freefall flying at Airkix
- Watch the latest movie releases at the newly relaunched Cineworld multiplex
- Shop until you drop at some smart boutiques and stores
- Enjoy drinks, coffee and meals in the various cafés and restaurants
- Dance the night away in sophisticated clubs
One of the largest indoor shopping malls in Europe is within easy reach of your self-catering apartment in Milton Keynes. This ground-breaking centre was a first of its kind on this side of the Atlantic and today, its original section, consisting of three miles of shop fronts, has been Grade Two listed as a building of historical interest.
More sections have been added in recent times and today there are hundreds of retail outlets from small boutiques to major High Street brands including the very large John Lewis, Debenhams, House of Fraser and Marks & Spencer, plus various banks, restaurants, cafés and a lively (outdoor) market .
The Centre:MK is particularly helpful for business travellers as it stays open until 8:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, with many of its stores staying open until that time, too. For more information on what to do and see in Milton Keynes, click here. http://www.destinationmiltonkeynes.co.uk/What-to-do
For more information on what to do and see in Milton Keynes click here