Why you'll like Milton Keynes
As we've suggested elsewhere, there's a lot more to Milton Keynes than concrete cows and roundabouts!
To begin with, all of our ShortStay-MK serviced apartments in Milton Keynes are within walking distance or a short car, bus or taxi ride of ...
- The business, commerce and municipal districts of Milton Keynes
- The Centre:MK, one of Europe's largest indoor shopping mall complexes
- The main line train station (Euston 30 minutes, Birmingham & airport approx 50 minutes)
- The renowned Theatre District, Xscape, the Snooze and numerous other leisure activities
And farther afield
- The M1 motorway (5 minutes)
- The A5 main highway (5 minutes)
- The M40 motorway (30 minutes)
- London Luton Airport (25 minutes)
- London Stanstead Airport (90 minutes)
- London Gatwick Airport (120 minutes)
- London Heathrow Airport (50 minutes)
- Birmingham International Airport (60 minutes)
Restaurants and bars right on your doorstep
All of our self-catering apartments are literally within a stone's throw of the most popular restaurants and bars in town. Your apartment rental will either be in The Hub - perfect for anything from a quiet drink after work to a glamorous dinner for a large group - or in the Theatre District, with a huge culinary and recreational amenities on the doorstep.
At The Hub you'll enjoy
- Aqua - fairly sophisticated Italian cuisine
- Banana Tree - IndoChinese cocktails and food
- Be At One - elaborate cocktails
- Bogota Coffeehouse - plus tea, other drinks and snacks
- Browns Bar and Brasserie - cocktails and international menu
- Cafe Rouge - one of two in Milton Keynes, classic French cuisine
- Gourmet Burger Kitchen - imaginative burgers, originated in New Zealand
- Las Iguanas - fusion of Iberia, African and South American delicacies
- Loch Fine - fish and seafood specialities
- Missoula Montana Bar & Grill - American menu
- Nandos - popular chain offering peri-peri chicken dishes
- Strada - Italian food and wine
- Subway - popular takeaway chain
- Turtle Bay - Jamaican cuisine, Caribbean cocktails
- Zizzi - Italian food and wine
Other amenities at The Hub
Bearing in mind that just a few minutes' walk from your apartment rental you'll find a multitude of shops, gyms, hair and beauty salons, cinemas and everything else you would expect from a modern, compactly-designed city, here are some of the other amenities that are literally on your doorstep:
- Dance Box Studios - dance studio and fitness facility
- Headonist Hair and Beauty - unisex hair and beauty studio
- Sweat Studios - non-nonsense yoga
- Sainsbury's - large supermarket with underground car parking
The Theatre District in Milton Keynes
If you can tear yourself away fro your free Sky Movies or Sky Sport on your serviced apartment's large flat screen TV, you might like to check out the local scene in Milton Keynes Theatre District.
Here, the 1,400 seat main theatre is very firmly on the London West End map and gets touring productions of popular opera, ballet, musicals, comedies, plays, pantomimes, you name it.
If you like art, you'll find the Milton Keynes Gallery next door to the theatre.
And if you find yourself building up a thirst or hunger while you're in the Theatre District, there is a great range of bars, restaurants and night clubs to choose from, all within metres of each other. Here are just a few...
- Bella Italia - bar, cafe, restaurant
- Lloyd's Bar - bar and restaurant, very popular night spot
- Red Hot World Buffet - eat your way around the world under one roof
- The Slug and Lettuce - traditional beers combined with good food
- Taipan - one of the most popular Chinese restaurants in Milton Keynes
- TGI Friday's - great American food and tasty cocktails
- MK Social - lively restaurant and bar with live entertainment (evenings)
- Zizzi - large, popular Italian restaurant
- SLVR (Silver) - trendy bar and nightclub
There is also a Post Office in the Theatre District